Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bellies!

So I guess it finally happened: the big bang. Well it's not that big, and I totally mean big in a really cute pregnant way. But it has happened, we are definitely to the point where people assume Elisha is pregnant. I love it. It is so cool to be able to see my baby grow. The excitement in our house is certainly building.

Unfortunately with the baby growing comes the part of pregnancy that we (especially her) have been dreading the most. The old ladies trying to inappropriately touch my wife phase is just around the corner. Even before we were married Elisha and I discussed how much she doesn't like the idea of total strangers coming up to her and patting her belly. We just don't get why people think this is okay. Don't get me wrong, I understand the urge. The miracle of pregnancy is a beautiful thing, I love to touch Elisha's belly, but I know her! I see pregnant women everyday, I think it's awesome that there is a little baby inside their bellies, but I don't reach out and start touching them, they are strangers! Now if you know a pregnant person and you ask permission then I see nothing wrong with touching the pregnant belly. If anybody has any advice on how you've prevented this we'd be happy to hear about it. If you disagree with me, I don't want to hear it and keep your hands to yourself!

4 comments:

redheadsmom said...

I don't have any advice on that because it is hard to tell cute old ladies to BACK OFF! I always hated it but only had it happen a couple of times. It is so weird to me as well. I would never touch a stranger's pregnant belly.

Anonymous said...

Elisha looks beautiful!! If she'd let me, I'd rub her belly ;) Just kidding, I just remember being pregnant and constantly rubbing my own belly...it's a wonderful feeling! I'm so happy for you guys, Jason...go ahead and give her a belly rub for me!

Unknown said...

Now I just want to do it out of spite! But I won't. ;) That's so exciting for you two. She's glowing, it's so cute!!

Stacey said...

I have seen some shirts that let everyone one it's not for the touching. I can't remember what they say but go to cafepress.com and type in the search baby belly or something. They have some great shirts that will make you laugh. I love the growing belly. I can still get away with just looking fat but I think it's coming to the point where I am for sure prego. I can hide it well.