...but what do you do when you don't want your baby to suck his thumb, and you're pretty much against other pacifiers? I guess it's cute for now, but hopefully a breakable habit. At least he cuddles the blankie, right?
I gave Audrey a pacifier they are easier to get rid of than thumbs. She only sucks on it when she is falling asleep and then spits it out. Pacifiers aren't as bad for their teeth as thumbs are either. My doctor told me that babies need to suck. I didn't really want Audrey to have a pacifier either but so far it has been ok. That is my advice but you do what you think is best.
I had 1 thunb sucker and 2 pacifier babies. The pacifier went away but the thumb was terrible. Eventually the dentish put in a rack for the roof of J's mouth so that he would stop sucking his thumb.
I tried tabasco sauce and every other trick in the book. In the end the pacifier was the least of the evils and could be taken away. Eventually the kids give them up on their own. Pacifier can be a great source of comfort for little ones.
Hmmmm. You have all been so supportive, and we appreciate it. We've been trying the pacifier for when he sucks his thumb, which is usually during nap time. It depends, but he usually spits it out:) We're trying. Thanks to all your experiences and knowledge. Love to hear more, if you feel inclined.
He is so cute! It is so nice if they can comfort themselves. None of our kids took to the pacifier much. We only had one who became really attached to thumb-sucking. When she was a little older we ordered some of that icky tasting stuff that you paint on their nails. The habit was gone in just two nights!
10 comments:
What can you do really haha babies love to suck things ;) Just wait until he starts sucking your toes when your not looking ;)
I gave Audrey a pacifier they are easier to get rid of than thumbs. She only sucks on it when she is falling asleep and then spits it out. Pacifiers aren't as bad for their teeth as thumbs are either. My doctor told me that babies need to suck. I didn't really want Audrey to have a pacifier either but so far it has been ok. That is my advice but you do what you think is best.
Thanks, Mandi & Aimee. It's food for thought. -Elisha
Ya, what's wrong with pacifiers? Way easier to take away than a thumb. They'll do what they want to do in the long run though.
I've tried the pacifier for a day now. Seems to work, but I still don't like it. Feels controlling.
You are the mom and moms know best. You just do whatever you feel good about. Every baby is different so it is hard to give advice.
What a priceless picture!! So cute!
I had 1 thunb sucker and 2 pacifier babies. The pacifier went away but the thumb was terrible. Eventually the dentish put in a rack for the roof of J's mouth so that he would stop sucking his thumb.
I tried tabasco sauce and every other trick in the book. In the end the pacifier was the least of the evils and could be taken away. Eventually the kids give them up on their own. Pacifier can be a great source of comfort for little ones.
Hmmmm. You have all been so supportive, and we appreciate it. We've been trying the pacifier for when he sucks his thumb, which is usually during nap time. It depends, but he usually spits it out:) We're trying. Thanks to all your experiences and knowledge. Love to hear more, if you feel inclined.
He is so cute! It is so nice if they can comfort themselves. None of our kids took to the pacifier much. We only had one who became really attached to thumb-sucking. When she was a little older we ordered some of that icky tasting stuff that you paint on their nails. The habit was gone in just two nights!
Post a Comment