Thursday, May 7, 2009

Update: Almost

So, last Thursday afternoon I thought I was having contractions at work, so I left early. I was already headed to a doctor's appointment, so went to see what my doctor had to say. He didn't even see me, and sent me straight to labor and delivery. Luckily not too far, so I headed over there. Even though things were crazy, like an emergency c-section, they hooked me up to the monitors and all that. The nurses were super nice. So, they checked me, then an hour later checked again. I was actually having contractions, but they wanted to send me home since I wasn't progressing. Too bad my doctor was leaving in the morning as well. So, I went home, actually walked, which was okay since we live across the street from the hospital.

So, I spent the rest of Thursday and Friday with contractions, then the rest of the weekend recuperating. Monday rolled around and now I'm full of energy and feel normal.

Today's doctor appointment was uneventful, though I was told that the baby could come any day now. Ya think? He is due in 10 days! With finals and maternity leave starting, we're absolutely ready to go!

I do have to say that it was actually a good thing to have the false alarm. First, it allowed me know how to work the hospital and where to go. Then, I knew I could get excited about labor because that means 'the end.' Next, I know what contractions feel like. (I was only guessing on Thursday).

So, there is your update from me, Elisha, as that doesn't happen often. Next time I'll be saying how sweet and adorable our baby boy is:)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

You should have called me! I would have brought you chocolate chip cookies or something!! Good luck getting to the finish line. You can do it.

Stacey said...

Dang, that's the worst to get sent home. It never happened to me because I never had bad enough contractions to ever go in and that's why I just got induced. Good luck with everything and hope it all goes well. I can't wait to see your little guy.

Fun times said...

Don't you love these false alarms? I know it was crazy but you will make it. Keep walking and moving, this baby will be here sooner than you think!! Happy Mothers Day!

Goodnight moon said...

That is awesome!!! Good luck!!! This is such an exciting time for you right now, and all the "unknown" of what is to come. Just one tip for you, that I wish someone had told me with my first.....try not to have any expections of the "perfect" labor/birth....everyone is completely different (aswell as every pregnancy). You will have your own personal experience, and that is YOURS! I thought that I was going to look beautiful and have my make up on, and have this painless birth...but I had alot of twist and turns and I ended up having an emergency c-section (and was put under for the whole thing)....so understand that you will have your labor and birth for what is right for you and your baby.

OMgosh...I hope that wasn't too much for you, since you don't even know me. Sorry if it was!

Good luck!!!!