Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Beautiful Elisha!!!

Today is Elisha's 28th birthday. In honor of her birthday I want to post something really sentimental and mushy, so consider yourself warned. I am so excited because this is the age that she will be when she becomes a mom. That will probably be the best part of year 28 for her, so I figure I will make a list of the best parts of the other 27 years. Sadly, I wasn't around for all of them so during the years I wasn't around for I will improvise.
  • Age 0: She was born. Ahhhh.
  • Age 1: She probably started doing really cute things that I really appreciate like eating solid foods, walking, and talking.
  • Age 2: Hopefully she was potty trained around this time. Another thing I'm really grateful for.
  • Age 3: I don't know what kids this age do, and I certainly don't know what Elisha was doing then, but I shall mention how I love her pretty blue eyes; I'm sure she had those back then.
  • Age 4: By now, Elisha was a big sister, so I'm sure she was learning to be the caring person that she is.
  • Age 5: This is probably when Elisha started school. That's good, she's smart, I like that.
  • Age 7: I think it was around this age that Elisha stole a Christmas present from her sister and she didn't get caught for another 20 years. That's my kind of woman.
  • Age 8: Elisha was baptized. That sets the stage for some really important things to come.
  • Age 9: Something important probably happened. I like her hair.
  • Age 10: More important stuff. Elisha lived in California when she was a kid. Maybe this was the year they moved back. (I'm pretty sure she was a lot younger.) If so, this was a very important event for me.
  • Age 11: Something else extraordinary happened in her life. I missed it. I like the way she's always happy, even when she's not.
  • Age 12: She graduated primary. That's a big deal. I told you the baptism thing would come back.
  • Age 13: I think this is the time her youngest brother was born. Elisha had to change his diapers, which will be helpful since she has graciously agreed to change all of our children's diapers.
  • Age 14: The best part of this year was when she volunteered at the Bountiful Temple open house, and possibly met the man of her dreams.
  • Age 15: This year's highlight was when Elisha stopped playing with Barbies and started to notice boys. Okay, well the boy thing probably doesn't happen for awhile yet.
  • Age 16: Elisha got her driver's license. Without it driving to see me wouldn't have been possible.
  • Age 17: I'll say the biggie this year was the Young Womanhood Award. Although, I really have no idea when she actually received it.
  • Age 18: Elisha graduates high school! Go Vikings!
  • Age 19: She takes her first American Sign Language course. This changes her life forever.
  • Age 20: College graduation, part 1. Elisha is an interpreter now. The steps have been taken to eventually meet me.
  • Age 21: November 22, 2002, she meets the man of her dreams. Two days later she meets me. Just kidding. This is the year that we are formally introduced.
  • Age 22: Elisha goes on a mission. Yeah, Brasil! Again, the baptism returns.
  • Age 23: Elisha spends the whole year in Brasil. The highlight? Getting letters from me.
  • Age 24: Too many wonderful things to choose from. Is it coming home from her mission? Beginning to date me? I'm going to go with the homecoming dance, which is the night we became engaged.
  • Age 25: Marrying me, of course!
  • Age 26: The whole year is a blur. The best part? Buying a house? Deciding to begin trying for children? I don't know, as long as it was something to do with me.
  • Age 27: Finding out she is pregnant.
  • Age 28: The age at which she becomes a mom.
Pretty cool life, huh? I really like how the last few years have gone. I know it's a giant list, but Elisha is an awesome person and she deserves this much attention. In fact she deserves even more! Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Janae Walker said...

happy happy birthday!!!! i think one highlight of her being in brasil was becoming friends with me :) ha ha! i hope your day is awesome!

Stacey said...

Janae stole my whole comment I was going to make. Well, Happy Birthday Elisha!!! I'm glad we know each other. I think it's funny that we got married at the same time and are having a baby at the same time. Fun and exciting times. Do you have baby bedding? I have a boy set that I was saving but if you need it, I will just give it to you. Let me know and I'll send some pictures to see if you like it.

Kathy said...

I will admit that I skipped ahead to the year you two met. Happy Birthday! 28-year-old people are totally awesome.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday yesterday!! I didn't know you were a Viking!! So was I!! That makes you so much cooler! :)

Kathy said...

Talk about not updating your blog. Are you the pot or the kettle? Hmmmm... :)